Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fresh and New

Hello all! I've been taking hiatus from blogging for a month or so while things got really busy. I realize that that's something I mention pretty often. I decided though, that time will keep passing regardless of how busy or bored I am. It doesn't matter what's actually going on because the clock keeps ticking!

I want to start taking more initiative. I think it's really easy to slip into a pattern of "well this has been a really busy week at work so... (insert excuse)" I think there are a lot of things I would really enjoy doing if I could just develop the habits of making them part of daily life. I recently started following a blog by a lovely lady named Kaitlyn, and even though I don't know her at all, she's inspired me! (Go check out her blog, Wifessionals! Go! Do it now!) She just somehow manages being a wife with such grace. Having just welcomed her first baby, I can imagine there's a lot to do! But she still manages to make the most out of life.

I'm feeling so done with being lazy! Since I got a FitBit Flex, my eyes have been seriously opened to how little I move throughout the day. I am lucky with a good day to walk 4,000-5,000 steps and my daily goal is 10,000! That along with subscribing to Emeals low-carb diet plan, Alex and I really have been doing so much better! And I haven't forgotten about my commitments to getting my hiney back in shape, don't worry :) I've been trying not to focus so much of my energy on what the scale says; and really focus on how I feel, how my clothes fit, and how active I am.

I just want to put out there how thankful I am that I have a husband who is so committed to wellness. And when I say wellness, I don't necessarily mean just physically. He is so passionate about us being healthy people in every way: Spiritually, emotionally, mentally, AND Physically! He has told me time and time again that it has nothing to do with what I look like, but how I feel. He's an honest man who lets me know that it's attractive to him when I am committed to being well!

I guess the moral of the story with all my rambling today is that I want a fresh and new start. I want to continue the things that are working for me (emeals, fitbit, etc...) but start really fresh with other aspects of my life. Thank God for the ability to do that!

Enough rambling, I should probably catch up on what we've been up to lately! Since our vacation, school for Alex has been keeping him very busy. We've been trying to make the most of the small incriments of quality time we can manage. Thanks to The Voice, we spend time together on Monday nights and Tuesday nights! Can we just take a second to talk about Caroline Pennell?! Okay... her voice is so unique and wonderful. She has my vote!! Anyway, my point is that with all the hectic schedules around us, I'm so thankful that Alex and I can always acknowledge the real priority which is our marriage and our relationship with God. Everything that's keeping us busy is meaningless without those two priorities being in line.

We've been back and forth between home and the school on a daily basis... I'm so thankful I was blessed with employment at the school he's getting his degree from. It seriously helps us in the season of life where we are sharing one vehicle. My work is going very well and I'm loving it there more and more daily. Alex's workload with internship, part time work, debate, and thesis-writing is keeping him insanely busy, but as we remind ourselves often, we'd rather have too much to do, then be bored. We manage date nights pretty often which is nice!

Pretty soon we will begin really trying to figure out where we go from here once graduation comes. There are many paths we can take, and it looks kind of confusing at the moment! But we know God has a plan and we are just very excited to see where it takes us next! It will be so awesome once Alex officially has his master's degree!

So pretty much Alex and I have been religiously watching The Voice, keeping up with our young marrieds group weekly at our home, and really getting into the swing of the holiday season! We are so excited that it's finally this time of year! We have quite a few visits with family planned and my only prayers is that school won't be so stressful that it prevents Alex from truly enjoying his favorite time of year :) Our little furchild has been keeping us busy too, she's a little handful and has grown a lot since we brought her home! Here's a picture of Dolly with her very own sock monkey my parents bought for her!


All in all, life's been pretty darn good lately. As busy as things are sometimes, I'm so thankful to be in a place of peace. Things might get hectic soon with Alex finishing up his master's and we don't really know what's next... but that's okay :) Praise God we have each other, regardless of the next path we head down!










0 comments:

Post a Comment