Monday, November 18, 2013

Newport Beach is a Little Slice of Heaven



View from the room in Newport Beach
Hi everyone! I thought I'd do a quick post to share about the lovely weekend I had with my in-laws and husband. 
On Friday, my mother and father in-law came into town to visit... and a couple of weeks ago, they told us they would be taking us on an overnight trip to Newport Beach! This wasn't only exciting because it's a nice place to visit, but it's sort of an old haunt for me and Alex. Since our Alma Mater is only about 35 minutes away, we frequently made day trips to Newport while we were in school. Friday night I came home and within 5 minutes they arrived! We went to get some dinner and we all rested up for the trip the next day. 
On Saturday morning, we all loaded up and drove down the coast to Newport. We arrived and ate lunch at Joe's Crab Shack on the water. We devoured our appetizer of Crab Nachos and thoroughly enjoyed our entree's :) It was super slow for some reason so it was nice to feel like we could hang around in the restaurant and soak up the sunshine flooding in and the views of the water! 
Joe's Crab Shack
After we left Joe's, we walked around Fashion Island (I wanted to shop so badly - but Christmas is around the corner..). It was fun walking around and enjoying the beautiful weather. 
It's funny... we absolutely love Newport and all it has to offer, but what I loved the most about this little trip wasn't the views or shops, but it was the nostalgia; reminiscing about our 4 years of dating and how many late night trips to the beach we would take followed by eating 4th meal at Taco Bell. Oh, college life... how we miss you sometimes ;) The time with my in-laws was certainly the best part of this trip though. We hadn't seen them in a few months and it was so nice catching up!
We finally headed to the hotel (ehem, resort...) which was BEAUTIFUL! I loved walking around and soaking up everything when we got there. Here are some more pictures! 
Statue fountain outside the lobby

This place had it's own park!



This is the view from our suite's window

Relaxing for a while before dinner
We were able to stay one night at the resort, and we had a lovely homemade Thanksgiving dinner in the room :) It was nice to eat in and enjoy each other's company. The following morning, we drove to Riverside to visit CBU (our alma mater) and have brunch. It was such a lovely time!! The weather this whole weekend in SoCal was unbelievable! I was really sad to see the weekend and my in-laws go, but on the bright side, we are one week away from visiting my family in my hometown for Thanksgiving! 
I'm so thankful that both Alex and I have such wonderful families, it's truly such a blessing! I hope everyone else's Monday's are happy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment